Many people who are considering renting apartments in Lynchburg, VA are trying to decide whether or not to rent from an apartment community or from an individual. While there can be advantages to both, there are plenty of advantages and benefits to renting from an apartment community.
Here are just a few:
- Rental apartment communities will typically have a maintenance staff either working at the property or working from the main office. Having that staff readily available makes maintenance of the property and fixing broken down items within the apartments much easier to get done in a timely manner.
- Apartment communities in some cases offer amenities like a fitness center or a pool. This eliminates the travel time of going to the gym and will save you the cost of a gym membership. This is handy for those of us for whom just getting out the door to the gym is half the battle. For those of you with stronger resolve, this may not be a problem.
- An apartment community in some cases will have a concierge that will receive packages, keep your dry cleaning for pick up and delivery and sometimes refer you to pet sitting services and restaurants in the area.
- In some cases, an apartment community will have social events for the tenants.
- Rents cannot typically be negotiated in a rental community.
- Security deposits in apartment communities are typically less than one month’s rent or lower.
- Amenity or administrative fees are often charged to the tenant and can be $300 to $500. These fees often take the place of a move-in fee.
- Upfront pet fees can be $300 to $750.
- Monthly pet rents are typically higher.