Lynchburg was ranked for 2017 as one of the top 10 healthiest, happiest cities, according to a study by Gallup and Healthways.The study, called the State of American Well-Being Community Rankings, measures how residents of 189 U.S. cities feel about their physical health, social ties, financial security, community, and sense of purpose.
These rankings began in 2008.
These cities on the list do a lot of things right. The people in these cities really take care of themselves well.
The top 10 U.S. communities in 2017 with the highest well-being are:
1. Naples–Immokalee–Marco Island, Florida
2. Barnstable Town, Massachusetts
3. Santa Cruz–Watsonville, California
4. Honolulu, Hawaii
5. Charlottesville, Virginia
6. North Port–Sarasota–Bradenton, Florida
7. San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles, California
8. Lynchburg, Virginia
9. Hilton Head Island–Bluffton-Beaufort, South Carolina
10. Boulder, Colorado