Happy Holidays! Our office will be closed on the 24th and 25th of December for the holidays. We will also be closed on January 1st, 2016.
Chestnut Hill Bakery
Need any delicious baked goods for the upcoming holidays? You can call and order your baked goods from Chestnut Hill Bakery!
Offering cupcakes, cakes, pies, breads, pastries, and cookies!
5216 Fort Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Toys for Tots
In the month of December, our team will be collecting new and unopened toys for the Toys for Tots program. Please help us show support by dropping off your donation by December 18th, at our new office location on the terrace level of 1400 Building.
Each donation will go to a boy or girl in need and all donations are appreciated.
December 5, 12, & 19
The Lynchburg Community Market will have horse and carriage rides provided during the above dates
Health & Wellness Corner
“Stay in shape during the holidays. Yes, it is possible!”
1. Exercise wherever you can. You already know to take the stairs, park far away and so on to get more exercise. This holiday season, wear a pedometer as you're running around, and see how many steps you can accumulate. Use every opportunity to get in more movement, whether it's parking on the opposite side of where you need to be or chopping down your own Christmas tree.
2. Make it a family affair. As you gather together with your family, plan active things to do. Walk around the neighborhood to look at holiday decorations. Play football before the big meal at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Plan contests with the kids to see who can run the farthest or who can do the most push-ups. Challenge everyone to a snow-shoveling contest, and then build a snow person out of the remains.
3. Limit the alcohol. Not only is it full of sugar and empty calories, but can also lead you to overeating. Drink water as much as you can.
4. Don’t eat your feelings. if the holidays bring you down, reach out to friends and family for a support system instead of turning to food. Ask for help and talk through your feelings.
5. And remember - Delicious foods and desserts are available all year long, there is no reason why you have to overeat at holiday parties. Have a few bites, enjoy, and move on. No need to stuff yourself just because it is the holiday season.
Paws for a Cause
Don’t forget our four legged friends during this holiday season. Please make sure submit any donations to your local shelter or rescue prior to the holidays!
Convenience Is Just a Click Away
Out of town or stuck at work? Submit rent payments instantly any time of the day or night! Need service in your apartment? Submit a nonemergency service request 24/7 with the click of a button!
Just visit our Walden Pond community website and click on the links at the left side of the screen for these services and more! Not only will it save you time, but it’s also an environmentally friendly option!
Lynchburg Holiday Parade
The Lynchburg Holiday Parade will be hosted downtown at 4:00pm on Sunday, December 6th, 2015. The parade will on Main Street and there will be food, games, music, and much more!
December Craft Fun: Creative Snowflakes
Supplies Needed: Popsicle sticks, Elmer’s school glue, glitter, sequins, or your decoration of choice.
Take Popsicle sticks and glue cross ways to make a snowflake shape using the glue to hold the shape. Once the glue has dried, dap or spread glue on the area you would like your decorations to stick too. You may also use craft paint if you would like to paint your snowflake.
Decorate your snowflake and then let dry. Use tape and fishing string on the back of your snowflake to display as desired.