Knowing what questions to ask before renting an apartment is one of the most important aspects of the apartment search process. Whether you’ve leased many apartments or on the hunt for your first one, there are a lot of things to consider that you may or may not know to ask about. We’re here to help! Here are all the questions to ask when leasing an apartment:
- Are utilities included in the rent?
- Are there any additional deposits, fees, or charges I should be aware of?
- Is renter’s insurance required?
- Do I have to lease an apartment for 12 months or is there flexibility?
- How do I put in a maintenance request?
- How does parking at the community work? Is there parking for guests?
- What is the community’s pet policy?
- Is there a community guest policy?
- How long does it take to get downtown/work or to shopping and dining?
Now that you know all the questions to ask when leasing an apartment, give them a try as you’re touring apartment communities! At Walden Pond, we believe it’s how you live that matters and understand that finding an apartment that can be uniquely yours is important to you. Schedule a tour of Walden Pond and our leasing specialists will guide you through the community and help you find the perfect place to call home in Lynchburg!